May 14, 2010

Crayon fun!

I saw this idea on a cute blog a while back and thought to myself: "Ill do that with the kids on a morning we have muffins."  So excuse me if there are a few crumbs left in the muffin pan. We were a tiny bit excited about our crayon project....
 First, take all your broken, and/or good quality crayons that you or your kids get from eating out. 
I may or may not be a compulsive crayon hoarder.
Rip all the papers off and sort them to your liking in a muffin tin.

Then pop 'em in a 275 degree oven until they are completely melted.
Take them out of the oven and let them harden for about 20 minutes or so.

Take the papers off and color!

And stack. Then color some more...

But stacking them is by far the most fun. :)


 Tutorial and idea here.

2 comments:

  1. That is an awesome idea. It's now in my parenting back pocket! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That IS awesome! I'm going to steal it for my after school program...I can't even tell you how many pieces of broken/dull/paperless crayons we have laying around. Thanks for the idea sis!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails