March 26, 2011

Remembering the Alamo

The hubby and I got to take a quasi vacation to San Antonio in early March. It was fabulous and we really needed it. It was really nice to get in some quality one on one time together before Leah comes. My husband was attending a conference for work which meant that I had a few hours of the day to roam the streets of Texas....ALONE. Being kid-less was super weird, (a thankful shout out to my awesome In-laws who watched them for 3 days!!) but I enjoyed myself very much. I actually got to get dressed and do my hair and make-up, go to Starbucks whenever I wanted, go shopping, sit and read a book on the Riverwalk in the 80 degree sunshiny weather for however long I wanted, and people-watch. For those of you that know me, you know this is something I love to do. My favorite was all the older men with huge cowboy hats and belt buckles with way over-sized mustaches- they really do exist!

Here are a few (ok a ton) of my favorite pictures taken of the trip:
































 I haven't traveled that much, but San Antonio definitely takes the cake for the coolest city I have ever visited. The Riverwalk? Awesome. The Alamo? Historic. The food? Loooooovely. I hope my husband has to attend a conference here again sometime soon. :)

1 comment:

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails