February 2, 2010

Desitin hands

I ran upstairs for literally 5 minutes to do a load of laundry while the kids were watching sesame street one morning. I do this often, and there are usually no problems.  
Well, on this particular morning it seemed as though he thought up exactly what he would get into when momma went upstairs. Desitin. 
And It didn't take him long to get that cap off and get to paintin.

I was just about done when I heard Hannah yell from the bottom of the stairs-
"Mommmma!! Bubba's makin a BIG BIG mess!!" 

My first thought is that he is getting into the toilet water again. Yes. The kid loves to fish in the toilet with kitchen towels when no one is looking. But he wasn't. Thank goodness. 

This is what I ran down the stairs to find:


I thought about getting upset but grabbed my camera instead. Life is too short to overreact.


 He had no problem showing/telling me all about what he did to his hands. And mommas carpet.


 It took a few washes/scrubs to get it off his hands. As for the Pajamas- they have gone through the wash 3 times now and aren't showing any sign of giving up the desitin.

Eventually I calmly explained to Bubba that its not that great of an idea to get in to the "bum bum medicine". I think he would agree. 

 I spent the next 15 minutes making best friends with the carpet cleaner.  But still couldn't get rid of it. Or the smell.

And noticing all the other stains on my carpet.


2 comments:

  1. I love that you took the time to take pictures and let him tell his side of the story. You have the patience of a saint!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You mentioned that you were greatful he wasn't playing in the toilet water but I think if given a choice I would have chosen that option. :) The boys have gotten into everything imaginable like the sort... A&D ointment, vasoline, vicks, etc. They seem to be really sneaky and it's usually when it's very quiet. lol

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails