March 31, 2010

June 18th

My husband bought our plane tickets! And the countdown has begun.  On June 18th we- the kids, my sweet Grandma (who volunteered to fly over here to help me finish up the packing and cleaning and fly back with me just to help with the kids on the plane!!) and myself are flyin out of Nashville and into Seattle. My grandma will fly back home and the kids and I (and Alex- once he gets to Seattle to join us) are staying a month or so at my in-laws. (How gracious are they?!) My husband doesn't start his post-doc until August 16th so we will move down to the Portland area in early August. (more about post-doc info here) We get to take the easy way out while Alex and his Dad (who also volunteered to help) will be driving 10 hour days across the country. Nice guys right there. I don't envy them though.



I took this sunrise shot (from the porch!) when we were at my in-laws house for Christmas.  And because Seattle is on pacific time (which is 2 hours earlier than Tennessee) my kids always seem to get me up just in time to see it.  I also just wanted to show you what we get to wake up too. I'm not excited or anything. :)
We're literally counting the days now....not necessarily excited about the whole process of packing and moving again (it seriously feels like we just got settled in here), but to start this next chapter of our life. I've packed my first box, northwest here we come!!!

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations! I'm excited for you guys. I can imagine just how wonderful it will be for you to live with GRANDPARENTS!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh, another gorgeous pic. Your move sounds more stressful than mine even (but it sounds like you have ample support!). Very (in my head, that word is underlined four times) excited for your family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I might be the most excited of all :) So selfishly I am going to say HOOOORAY FOR ME! HOOORAY FOR ME! My favorite people are coming back! Love you and can't wait, sister!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your pictures! Can't wait to see you, I am counting the days.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I went for the first time in Febuary of this year and it was just beautiful. Lucky you!! What an exciting adventure:)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails